Dear Papakura friends
We are joining a protest rally outside the Auckland Governance select committee hearings this coming week. I hope you can come in for it, or better still, organise a big SavePapakura group with banners or placards. Wear green if you can.
A parliamentary committee is currently hearing public submissions on the National-ACT Government's third super city bill. Come and join a public protest against this assault on our democracy, outside the hotel where the committee is meeting: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=328219312889
12 - 2pm Tuesday 02 March 2010 Quality Hotel Barrycourt 20 Gladstone Road Parnell Auckland
If you care about:
* unfair boundaries and inadequate representation
* the corporatisation of our local democracy
* the loss of local voice
* moves to make it easier to sell the Ports of Auckland and other assets
* undermining protections for the Waitakere Ranges
* tokenistic representation for Maori
* the rushed and undemocratic process the Government is using to push the super city through
…then join this lunchtime rally and show the Government we won't take the super city lying down.
All political parties, groups, individuals welcome to attend. The rally will be peaceful and orderly.
We need you.
If you are going from the Papakura area, please let us know so we can try and combine transportation.
Please let your friends and family know.