It's your townPlease also goto the 2010 select committee process on the Third Supercity Bill
2009 select committee process on the Second Supercity BillThis page: Select committee
| Submissions |
Thank you to those who lodged submssions in June 2009, during the short timeframe offered..
select committee process concluded on 04Sep2009 with their report and
amendments to the Bill. Further amendments occurred in Parliament
resulting in the new laws, Local Government (Auckland Council) Act 2009 (finalised on 22 September 2009).
Auckland Governanace Legislation Committee
Select committee's report
- Departmental report - Local Government (Auckland Council) Bill (Department of Internal Affairs, 11Aug2009)
- This is one of the main documents for the departmental advice, containing analysis and summaries for suggested changes
believe supplementary documents for the report exist; publicly released
to the Parliamentary Library (though otherwise inaccessible)
(and other evidence)
- 2489 submissions were received by the cutoff date, comprising:
- 679 written submissions
- 800 oral submission requests
- 1010 form submissions
- Posted submissions were accepted providing their postmark was upto or including 26Jun2009
submissions were accepted upto and including 26Jun2009. (The select
committee decided on 30Jun2009 to retrospectively accept the electronic
submissions despite the original 5pm cutoff)
- Late submissions were not accepted
The below are the views of the authors; listing here
does not imply endorsement by SavePapakura.com
Was your submission
is disappointed with the select committee that over 10% of the submissions were
Mayor, Mr Calum Penrose, is strongly concerned and is trying to find out why.
added he “would like to know if others in the district have also had their
submissions rejected and if so on what grounds because we are determined to
advocate on behalf of the people of the district".
submission was rejected, we encourage you to contact Mayor Penrose and provide
a copy of your submission (and the reason the select committee gave in
Mayor, Papakura District Council, Private Bag 7,
(09) 295 1375
0274 936 273
(09) 298 1906
The most effective action is for you to request your submission be reviewed.
group requested the select committee also do a bulk review for
timeliness, for rejected submissions and a bunch of incorrectly
outline of the compromise is the submissions are due for release on
Monday 20 July 2009 (whatever they get termed). 53 submissions. And
there is a timeslot between 08:30 and 9am for the committee to hear
oral submissions from that pile.
HearingsAbout 780 of the select
committee submissions requested to discuss their submission at a
hearing. (Total does not include form submissions)..
Select committee hearings begin on Monday 06Jul2009.
- Papakura's hearing for the Auckland Governanace Legislation Committee was
- Monday 20 July 2009 at Bruce Pulman Park Team Sports Lounge. Entrance near the intersection of Grove Road and Walters Road
- (Our website typo now corrected. Papakura's hearing is Monday 20th).
- 08:30am - Noon
- 1pm - approx 4pm
- The theme colour was lime green
those people or organisations offered a hearing, the durations are
specifically allocated and not shared with others. A small portion is
to summarise some main points, provided examples or add new information; with most of the
duration to respond to the select committee's questions. Hearing
- Individual: Between 5 and 10 minutes
- Significant organisations or person with expertise: 15 minutes
- Council: 45 minutes
(None at this time; have a look at the above submissions.)
Simple information & tips about the
Supercity plans and how to make your views known to the Select
- Who decides for Papakura?
(Issue 02.01 dated 13Jun2009). Diagrams comparing now with the Auckland
Supercity plans. (Yet to uploaded latest version which included some
to consider outline (Issue 01 dated 13Jun2009).
How the Supercity plans affect you and Papakura
- Workshop flyers (refer to the above section)
free information & submission workshops
Flyer (updated 21 June
2009); or full
colour flyer with background (updated 21 June 2009)
This page updated: Saturday 16 January 2010 17:30 NZDT
Copyright © 2009-2010 SavePapakura.com